Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The B’day Bash…

The first time I picked up the khunti (spatula) was 8 years ago, when I arrived at this country after the holy knot with the BIG boy. It was the day before his B’day and as a new wife, I was thinking hard about how to impress him. All of a sudden, came the Eureka moment! How about Fried-rice and Aloor-dom (potatoes in rich gravy)? Nervous, trying to remember how maa made it, I slowly started with the potatoes; and by the time I could feel the sweat on my eyelids, I realized, there they were…white basmati rice with the aroma of ghee and sautéed veggies in a plastic bowl (a typical student serveware) and small round potatoes cut in half with reddish oil and dark gravy just clinging onto it….

Over the years, I experimented with these simple recipes to make them a little special; and here I’m taking the opportunity to share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment